– 2 cups digestive cookie or graham cracker crumbs
– 6 tablespoons butter, softened or melted
– 2 bananas, sliced
– 2 cans, sweetened condensed milk
– 2 cups heavy whipping cream, chilled
– Dark chocolate, grated or curled, QB for decorating (optional)
Boil your cans of condensed milk for 2 hours, ensuring it is submerged under water the entire time as an uncovered can may explode. Allow the can to completely cool before use.
Mix the butter with the crumbs evenly, you can use a food processor if you like. Press into your pan, ensuring it is firmly compacted by pressing on it with a flat-bottomed glass. Let it cool in the refrigerator for 1 hour. Once cooled layer in your sliced bananas and then cover with toffee.
Whip your chilled cream in until it holds soft peaks and spread on top of the pie. Sprinkle your dark chocolate over top and serve. Serves 8-10.
Hungry for more…See What’s On TV for David Rocco’s Dolce India