– 2 cups ghee or clarified butter
– 2 medium red onions, chopped
– 2 cups yogurt
– 2 kg mutton (goat), roughly chopped
– 3 bay leaves
– 4 pods black cardamom
– 2 medium whole cinnamon sticks
– 3 tbsp. chili powder
– 1 tbsp. turmeric
– 1 tbsp. coriander powder
– 1 tbsp. ginger and garlic paste
Over high heat, add ghee in a large, deep cooking pan and add your bay leaf, cardamom, and cinnamon for flavor. Then add in your onions and cook until brown. Add mutton and cook until golden and has an outer crust.
In a mixing bowl add in your yogurt, chili powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, ginger and garlic paste, and salt to taste. Mix uniformly and simmer on medium-low heat for an hour and a half. Serves 6.
Still hungry?… See more recipe’s from David Rocco’s Dolce India