– 4 tbsp. (56 ml) extra virgin olive oil
– 1 red onion, finely chopped
– 2 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
– 3 red chilies, chopped
– 1 tablespoon fenugreek
– 2 cans (19 oz./540 ml) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
– 250 g spaghetti, broken into small pieces
– Water to cover
– Salt and pepper, QB
– Grated parmigiano cheese, QB
In a saucepan heat up oil, when it’s hot add in the onions, garlic, and chilies and sauté until the onion turns slightly golden and soft. Then add the chickpeas, salt and pepper. At this point I mash about a third to half of the chickpeas with the back of a fork. Now add as much water as you want for your soup, bring it to a boil, and add in your broken spaghetti pieces. Allow the pasta to cook for 10-15 minutes.
Remove from heat and stir in your Parmigiano Reggiano cheese. With your hands, rub the fenugreek into a powder over top of the pot, releasing all the oils and flavours. Mix well and let cool, serve slightly warmer than room temperature. Serves 4.
Still hungry?… See more recipe’s from David Rocco’s Dolce India