– 1 garlic, chopped
– 1 onion, chopped
– 1 carrot, chopped
– 1 celery, chopped
– 1 potato, peeled and chopped
– 1/2 head savoy cabbage, thinly sliced
– 1/2 head black cabbage, thinly sliced
– 6 slices country bread
– 1 cup extra virgin olive oil (240ml), plus extra for drizzling
– 19oz barlotti beans (540g)
– 2 cups puree tomatoes (480ml)
– 4 cups vegetable broth (910ml)
– Salt and pepper to season
In a large pot, heat extra virgin olive oil and sautí onions, garlic, celery and carrots until they are soft.
Add potatoes, savoy cabbage, black cabbage, tomato puree and beans. With the back of a fork, break up some of the beans.
Add vegetable broth and bring it to a boil.
Add slices of country bread and stir well.
Continue cooking on medium heat for 45 minutes, adding a little more vegetable broth if necessary. The consistency should be that of porridge.
Salt and pepper to season.
Drizzle extra virgin olive oil on each individual serving and serve immediately.
Still hungry?… See more recipe’s from David Rocco’s Dolce Vita