– 2.5kg leg of lamb, deboned and cut in 3cm cubes (5.5lb)
– 5 tablespoons olive oil (120ml)
– 1 onion, finely chopped
– 1 tablespoon sugar (15ml)
– 1 teaspoon cinnamon (5ml)
– 12 dried prunes, pitted
– 1 teaspoon saffron (5ml)
– 1 cup vegetable stock (240ml)
– 2 tablespoons sesame seed
– Salt and pepper to season
In a heated tangine (or pot), heat olive oil and sear lamb with onions for 2 minutes.
Add salt, pepper, cinnamon, sugar and saffron to the lamb. Let cook for another minute, stirring occasionally.
Add vegetable broth, cover with lid and let cook on low to medium heat for 45 minutes to one hour.
Turn off heat, add prunes and let rest with lid on for 5 minutes.
Sprinkle with sesame seeds before serving.
Yield: 4 servings
Still hungry?… See more recipe’s from David Rocco’s Dolce Vita