– 400 g spaghetti (0.8lb)
– 1 can plum tomatoes with juices, roughly chopped
– 4 anchovy filets, roughly chopped
– 1 tablespoon capers
– 12 black olives, pitted
– 1 cup walnuts, roughly chopped
– 2 cloves garlic, crushed
– 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (60ml)
– Fresh flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
– Salt and chili pepper (fresh or dried) to season
While your spaghetti cooks in salted boiling water, prepare your sauce.
Heat up some olive oil in a large saucepan. Add garlic and chili peppers. When garlic is golden, add anchovies, olives, capers and walnuts.
Let cook for a few seconds before pouring plum tomatoes into the pan. Cook for approximately five minutes.
About a minute and a half before the al dente stage, drain the spaghetti and add it to the saucepan, allowing it to finish cooking in the sauce. Sprinkle freshly chopped parsley and plate. Serve immediately.
Yield: 4 servings
Still hungry?… See more recipe’s from David Rocco’s Dolce Vita