– 500g of orecchiette pasta (1.1lb)
– 15 – 20 cherry tomatoes, quartered
– 100g of fresh ricotta cheese (4oz)
– Bunch of cilantro, finely chopped
– 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (60ml), plus extra for drizzling
– Salt to season
In a pot of boiling water, cook orecchiette for about 8 minutes (remove before the ‘al dente’ stage). While pasta is cooking, heat olive oil in a frying pan and cook cherry tomatoes for 30 seconds. Drain pasta, reserving some of the pasta water.
Add cooked pasta and ricotta cheese to pan. Ladle in some pasta water – the excess pasta water will break down the ricotta cheese and lengthen the sauce. The sauce should be velvety, not dry.
Salt to season.
Cook pasta in pan with all the other ingredients until al dente. Top with cilantro, drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and serve immediately.
Yield: 4 serving
Still hungry?… See more recipe’s from David Rocco’s Dolce Vita