This elegant Ham and Endive Salad is an easy dinner party starter.
– 1 small shallot, minced
– 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
– 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
– 1 tbsp. honey
– Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
– 2 tbsp. walnut oil
– 4 tbsp. olive oil
– 1 tbsp. chopped tarragon or chives
– 2 Belgian endives, leaves separated or separated and sliced
– 1 small bunch watercress
– 1 ripe pear, sliced
– 1 cup diced cooked ham
– 6 to 8 ounces Camembert, diced
– Handful toasted walnuts, coarsely chopped
To make the dressing: Add shallot, apple cider vinegar, Dijon, honey, and salt and pepper, to taste to small bowl. Whisk to combine. Whisk in walnut oil and olive oil. Stir in tarragon. Taste and adjust for seasoning.
Add Belgian endive, watercress, pear and ham to large bowl. Add dressing and toss to combine. Gently toss in Camembert and walnuts. Serve.
Yield: 4 servings
Still hungry?… See more recipe’s from In The Kitchen With Stefano Faita