With cream, butter and mascarpone cheese, this decadent polenta is food for the gods.
– 6 cups water
– 1 tsp. salt
– 2 cups cornmeal, medium or finely ground
– 1/4 cup butter
– 3/4 cup whipping cream (35%)
– 1/2 to 3/4 cup mascarpone cheese, to taste
– 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, to taste
– 1/2 tbsp. finely chopped thyme
– 1 tbsp. chopped basil
– 1 tbsp. chopped parsley
– Thyme sprigs, for garnishing (optional)
– Freshly grated Parmesan cheese, for garnishing
Bring the water and salt to a boil. While whisking, add the cornmeal a little at a time. (Whisking will help eliminate lumps). Reduce heat to medium low and cook polenta, stirring frequently until thickened and will mound on a spoon, about 20 to 25 minutes. Stir in butter, cream, mascarpone and Parmesan cheese. For a richer polenta, add more mascarpone cheese. Stir in thyme, basil and parsley. If polenta is too thick, thin with more cream or water.
Transfer to serving dish and garnish with freshly grated Parmesan cheese and thyme sprigs.
Yield: 6 to 8 servings
Still hungry?… See more recipe’s from In the Kitchen with Stefano Faita