This quick and easy Italian side dish is delicious with roast lamb, pork or beef.
– 2 bunches dandelion greens, cleaned well
– 1 bunch escarole, cleaned well, cut into large bite-size pieces
– 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
– 1 garlic clove, crushed
– 1 tsp. hot pepper flakes, or to taste
– Salt, to taste
– Handful toasted pine nuts
– Freshly grated Parmesan cheese, to taste
Blanch dandelion greens is salted boiling water until softened, about 1 to 2 minutes. This will help remove some of the bitterness. Drain well and cut into large bite-size pieces.
Heat large skillet over medium high heat. Add olive oil. When oil is hot, add garlic and hot pepper flakes. Cook until garlic is soft and lightly golden, about 1 minute. Add dandelion greens and escarole. Season with salt. Sautée until escarole starts to wilt, about 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer to serving dish. Garnish with pine nuts and Parmesan cheese.
Yield: 4 to 6 servings
Still hungry?… See more recipe’s from In the Kitchen with Stefano Faita