This beautiful, simple salad is a like a work of art on a plate. If you like, crumble some feta or goat cheese on top
White Balsamic Dressing:
– 1/4 cup white balsamic vinegar
– 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
– Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
Shaved Vegetable Salad:
– 2 to 3 small to medium carrots, peeled
– 1 small to medium yellow beet, peeled
– 3 to 4 radishes
– 1 small bulb fennel
– 1/2 small celery root, peeled
– 1 small to medium red beet, peeled
– 1/4 cup mixed herb leaves, such as basil and parsley leaves
– Handful pine nuts, toasted
For the white balsamic dressing: combine white balsamic vinegar and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
Using a vegetable peeler, shave strips of carrot into a large bowl.
Using a mandolin or sharp knife, thinly slice yellow beet, radishes, fennel and celery root and add to large bowl. To avoid discolouring these vegetables, thinly slice the red beet and add to a separate bowl.
Add 1 tbsp. of the dressing to the red beets and toss to combine. Place on large platter.
Add remaining dressing and herbs to large bowl of vegetables. Toss to combine. Scatter on platter over red beets. Sprinkle with pine nuts.
Yield: 4 to 6 servings
Still hungry?… See more recipe’s from In The Kitchen With Stefano Faita