This salad is not only delicious by itself but also a great platform for smoked meats or fish; it works well with trout, salmon, duck breast, and ham. Serve the proteins alongside the salad and you have a great appetizer or meal.
– 3 LARGE CARROTS, PEELED AND JULIENNED (ABOUT 2 CUPS)
– 2 GRANNY SMITH APPLES, SKIN ON, JULIENNED (ABOUT 3 CUPS)
– JUICE OF 1 ORANGE
– 3 TABLESPOONS EXTRA- VIRGIN OLIVE OIL
– 2 TABLESPOONS CHOPPED FRESH ITALIAN PARSLEY
– ¼ TEASPOON KOSHER SALT
– FRESHLY GROUND BLACK PEPPER
Toss the carrots and apples in a salad bowl with the orange juice and olive oil. Sprinkle with the parsley, season with the salt and pepper, and toss again. Serve cold.
Still hungry?… See more recipe’s from Lidia’s Kitchen