It’s Pot Luck Party day at Pati’s house! Today, she’s having some friends over and this time everyone’s contributing to the meal — no one shows up empty-handed. Pati also welcomes home design expert Sabrina Soto, who is bringing along one of her favorite Cuban recipes.
– 1 chilled beer mug
– Kosher or sea salt for coating the rim of the glass
– 1 lime wedge
– Ice cubes, optional
– 2-3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
– 1 chilled beer, Mexican preferred
– Additional Ingredients to turn a Michelada into a Michelada Especial:
– Dash of hot sauce like Tabasco, Cholula or Valentina
– Dash of a salty sauce like soy sauce, Worcestershire or Maggi Sauce
– Pinch of ground black pepper
– Pinch of salt
Place the salt on a small plate. Rub the rim of the chilled mug with the lime wedge and dip the rim gently into the salt to cover. Place the ice cubes, if using, in the mug. If making a straightforward Michelada, add the lime juice on top of the ice, then pour in the beer.
If making a Michelada Especial, place the optional ingredients, to taste, in the chilled mug. Stir the mixture lightly then pour in the beer.
Still hungry?… See more recipe’s from Pati’s Mexican Table