Everyone knows that Mexican food is great for a party. In this episode, Pati invites some of her son’s friends (and their parents) over to her house and makes some of her popular fiesta dishes — perfect for any party! In Mexico, she travels to the town of Quiroga, known as the Carnitas Capital of the World, where she’ll show us one of her absolute favorite treats.
– 2 cups peeled and diced ripe mango
– 2 cups peeled and diced pineapple
– 2 cups peeled and diced jícama
– 3 cups freshly squeezed orange juice
– 6 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
– 6 tablespoons finely chopped white onion
– 3/4 cup finely crumbled queso Cotija, or substitute queso fresco, mild feta, dried ricotta or Romano cheese
– Kosher or coarse sea salt, to taste
– Dried ground piquín chile or Mexican dried ground chile, to taste
To make individual gazpachos:
In a cup, add a layer of mango, pineapple, jícama, a tablespoon of onion, a tablespoon of queso; then another layer of mango, pineapple, jícama, and another tablespoon of queso. Pour in 1/2 cup orange juice, a tablespoon of lime juice, and sprinkle salt and ground chile to taste. Repeat to make 6 individual cups.
To make for all:
Mix all the ingredients in a large mixing bowl to your taste!
Still hungry?… See more recipe’s from Pati’s Mexican Table