Brochetitas de Sandía, Tomatillo y Mozzarella con Vinagreta de Miel y Limón
For the vinaigrette:
– 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
– 1 teaspoon grated ginger
– 1/2 cup honey
– Zest of 2 limes
– 5 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
– 1 tablespoon Maggi sauce
For the skewers:
– 6 cups seeded and cubed ripe watermelon
– About 12 ounces tomatillos, husks removed, rinsed, and thinly sliced (about 3 cups)
– 1 large package (about 8 ounces) of small fresh mozzarella balls
To make the vinaigrette:
Place the cilantro, ginger, honey, lime zest and juice, and Maggi sauce into a large mason jar and shake vigorously to emulsify. Alternatively, place all of the ingredients in a bowl and whisk to emulsify.
To make the skewers:
Slide the watermelon cubes, tomatillo slices and mozzarella balls onto wooden toothpicks or small plastic skewers, alternating between each ingredient. Serve with the lime-honey vinaigrette as a dipping sauce.