Zucca Arrostita Condita con Olive e Noci
This can also be served as a salad, atop baby arugula, with some shavings of ricotta salata on top. It is a great vegetable dish for holiday gatherings, especially when served with a festive roast, such as turkey or rack of lamb.
Serves 6 to 8
- 1 large butternut squash (about 4 pounds), peeled and cut into 1½-inch chunks
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ cup chopped pitted oil-cured black olives
- Grated zest and juice of 1 large orange
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian parsley
- ½ cup coarsely chopped toasted walnuts
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. In a large bowl, toss the squash with the olive oil and salt. Spread on a sheet pan and roast, tossing once or twice, starting on the bottom rack and moving to the top halfway through, until very golden, about 25 to 30 minutes.
While it’s still warm, scrape the squash into a serving bowl, and sprinkle with the olives, orange juice, zest, and parsley. Toss well. Sprinkle the chopped walnuts on top, and serve.
Need more culinary inspiration? Check out Lidia’s Kitchen, Sundays at 6pm/et!