Crostini con Salsicce
By Lidia’s Kitchen sponsored by Marcangelo Foods
Serves 4 💁♀️
- 2 TABLESPOONS EXTRA-VIRGIN OLIVE OIL
- 3 SWEET ITALIAN SAUSAGES, REMOVED FROM CASINGS (ABOUT 12 OUNCES)
- 1 CUP DICED CELERY
- ½ CUP DRY WHITE WINE
- 4 OUNCES SHREDDED TALEGGIO OR FONTINA, PLUS 2 OUNCES THINLY SLICED
- ¼ CUP FRESHLY SHREDDED GRANA PADANO
- ¼ TEASPOON GROUND FENNEL SEEDS
- FOUR ½-INCH-THICK SLICES DAY-OLD COUNTRY BREAD, ABOUT 4 BY 6 INCHES, HALVED
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. To a large skillet over medium heat, add the olive oil. When the oil is hot, add the sausage and celery, and cook until browned, about 4 minutes.
Add the white wine, and adjust the heat so it simmers rapidly. Cook until wine has reduced away, about 2 minutes. Scrape into a medium bowl and let cool completely.
When it is cooled, add the shredded Taleggio, the grated Grana Padano, and the ground fennel, and toss well. Arrange the sliced bread on a baking sheet, and top with the sausage mixture. Top that with the sliced Taleggio. Bake until edges of the bread are toasted and the cheese is browned, about 7 minutes.
Need more culinary inspiration? Check out Lidia’s Kitchen, Sundays at 6pm/et!