By Made in Italy with Silvia Colloca
This easy-to-make vegetarian offering features ricotta, egg, pecorino, breadcrumbs and fresh herbs. You can use the mixture to stuff other vegetables too, such as zucchini or eggplant.
– 4 green or red capsicums (peppers)
– 400 g fresh full-fat ricotta
– ¾ cup(60 g) freshly grated pecorino
– 1 egg
– 4–5 basil leaves, roughly chopped
– 2–3 tbsp finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
– Salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper
– 4 tbsp fresh breadcrumbs
– 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, plus extra for drizzling (optional)
– Rocket or chicory leaves, to serve
Preheat your oven to 200°C (180°C fan-forced). Line a baking tray with baking paper.
Wash the capsicums, cut off the tops and scoop out the white membrane and seeds. Place the capsicums on the prepared baking tray.
Mix together the ricotta, pecorino, breadcrumbs, egg and herbs in a large bowl and season to taste with salt and pepper. Spoon the mixture into the capsicums until three-quarters full, then sprinkle the breadcrumbs evenly over the filling and drizzle a tbsp of olive oil over each one. Drizzle extra oil all over the capsicum if desired.
Bake for 30–35 minutes or until a golden crust is formed. Serve hot or at room temperature with dark green, peppery rocket or chicory leaves.
Still hungry?… See more recipe’s from Made in Italy with Silvia Colloca