By Made in Italy with Silvia Colloca
An impressive recipe of hollowed and stuffed zucchinis. The filling is made up of breadcrumbs, parsley, garlic and cheese. Vegetarians and omnivores will love them.
– 3 cups(210 g) fresh breadcrumbs (preferably homemade – see Note)
– 2 cups(160 g) grated pecorino or parmigiano
– 1 clove garlic, finely chopped or minced
– 4–5 marjoram leaves
– 4–5 oregano leaves
– 1–2 tbsp finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
– 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
– Salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper
– 4 zucchini (courgettes)
Preheat your oven to 200°C (180°C fan-forced). Line a baking tray with baking paper.
Mix together the breadcrumbs, cheese, garlic, herbs and olive oil in a large mixing bowl. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
Cut the zucchini in half lengthways. Using a spoon or a paring knife, scoop out some of the flesh, then fill the zucchini shells with the breadcrumb mixture. Place on the prepared tray, drizzle with a little extra olive oil and bake for 30–35 minutes or until golden brown.
Still hungry?… See more recipe’s from Made in Italy with Silvia Colloca