TLN Media Group
is growing and we are looking for a
TLN Media Group is Canada’s most influential multicultural media company, connecting cultures on television, online and in communities through storytelling and shared experiences. The company operates 11 television channels reaching millions of homes from a state-of-the-art digital production and distribution facility in Toronto, Canada. In addition to TLN, its flagship English-language channel, the company also offers the country’s most widely distributed foreign language television channels lead by Univision Canada and Mediaset Italia. A leader in supporting and developing Canadian multiculturalism, TLN Media Group produces hundreds of hours of unique and culturally significant programming and hosts the country’s largest Latino themed festival, TD Salsa in Toronto featuring TD Salsa on St. Clair.
If you have a zest for working with numbers, love variety in your day and want the full-cycle accounting experience, then TLN Media Group is the place for you!
- All Accounts Receivable functions: posting and reconciliations, payment collection and processing, bank deposits and filing of customer documentation
- Prepare and reconcile weekly sales reports
- Examine accounting records and prepare account reconciliations
- Assist in the preparation of Canada Media Fund applications and subsequent reporting requirements
- Assist in the annual financial audit.
- Perform related clerical duties, such as filing and maintaining record systems.
- Other duties as required.
- An Accounting or Finance degree from accredited college or financial education facility with a minimum 3 years of progressive full cycle accounting experience.
- Pursing a Canadian professional accounting designation is preferred
- Experience with the NewViews Accounting software is an asset
- Broadcast industry knowledge and familiarity with the Wide Orbit traffic system is an asset
- Expert knowledge of MS Office, particularly Excel.
- Experience with Canadian Media Fund application process an asset
- Excellent interpersonal skills and articulate
- Fluency in the Spanish and/or Italian languages is an asset
- A high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong initiative and self-motivation with the ability to work both independently and on a team
- Ability to work under pressure, manage last minute details, be versatile and flexible with multiple demands
This is a flexible position; estimated 30-40 hours per week. Salary is commensurate with experience.
Reply in confidence:
If this is a business challenge you would enjoy, please forward a cover letter and resume to [email protected]
Only those under consideration will be contacted. Deadline for submissions is Friday May 3, 2019.