If you are excited by the prospect of supporting a dynamic team in television media, in addition to playing a pivotal role in representing Canada’s most influential multicultural media organization, then this is the job for you!
About the Role
The Content Distribution Manager will be responsible for developing and implementing the strategy to maximize growth and distribution, domestically and internationally, for our broadcast networks, streaming services, digital content, and original content. They will work closely with internal support teams to track and analyze opportunities to increase the availability and monetization of our content on both traditional and new distribution platforms. In addition, they will build external relationships, prepare and make presentations, manage business negotiations, finalize agreements and monitor their performance.
- Develop and implement an affiliates strategy and business plan that clearly identifies key growth opportunities.
- Develop and make persuasive formal presentations internally and to business partners externally.
- Establish and manage business partnerships with traditional and new content distribution platforms, domestically and abroad.
- Lead the negotiation of agreements for optimal distribution, wholesale rates, data sharing and marketing support.
- Review and analyze monthly subscriber reports, identifying any issues or opportunities.
- Identify regulatory impacts/opportunities, provide background analysis, research and arguments.
- Work closely with the internal Marketing team to develop initiatives designed to increase overall subscriptions.
Skills & Qualifications
- An understanding of the Canadian broadcasting system’s regulatory environment, including rules and practices around the distribution of TV channels and content.
- Excellent relationship management and negotiation skills, including managing commercial agreements.
- Experience preparing, analyzing and interpreting financial and legal documents.
- Prior experience working with key decision-makers in the Canadian content distribution system is an asset.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills including presenting big picture business activity.
- Self-motivated to learn, work under pressure, manage priorities and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to find and implement creative solutions.
- A focused individual, with exceptional organizational skills and a high attention to detail.
- Multilingual abilities in French, Spanish, and/or Italian would be a distinct advantage.
How to Apply for the Content Distribution Manager Position
TLN Media Group is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to promoting inclusivity within our workplace.
To submit your application, please email your resume and cover letter to [email protected] with the subject line Content Distribution Manager Job Application: (Your Name).
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, note that only selected candidates will be contacted.
About TLN Media Group
Nearing 40 years of service to Canadians, the TLN Media Group organization brands continue to inform and entertain millions. Whether in Italian, Spanish, English and other languages, TLN has played a key role in the development of the national multicultural media landscape. Since launching in 1984, the original ethnic TV channel “Telelatino” has grown to become TLN Media Group, Canada’s most influential multicultural media company. TLN Media Group is an independent, immigrant-owned organization dedicated to connecting communities through storytelling and shared experiences. As a multicultural advocacy leader, TLN Media Group selects, curates, produces, and commissions unique and culturally significant TV and digital content distributed in Canada and worldwide. TLN TV, the original flagship channel has evolved into a mainstream-friendly destination providing multiculturally rich content. TLN Media Group also operates Canada’s most widely available multilingual TV channels led by Spanish language leader Univision Canada and top Italian language services Mediaset Italia Canada and TGCOM24 news network. And TLN Media Group’s additional TV channels include Canada’s first and only Heritage language channels for kids, Telebimbi (Italian) and Teleniños (Spanish), bringing well-known Canadian-made kids shows to families nationwide; and EuroWorld Sport TV, a channel dedicated to sports fandom. TLN Media Group has produced and promoted many cultural events and festivals, the most widely recognized of which is the annual TD Salsa in Toronto/Salsa on St Clair summer festival and street party.