We are looking for a highly motivated and creative self-starter with solid experience and a passion for digital marketing. If you are excited by the prospect of supporting a dynamic team in television media and playing a key role in representing Canada’s most influential multicultural media organization, then this is the job for you!
About the Role
The Director of Digital Media Growth will be responsible for leading our digital efforts, including paid subscriber acquisition and management, and monetization of our web/social activity. In this role, you will provide strategic and operational leadership and will make the business more efficient and effective with digital strategic thinking, tools and platforms and establish new revenue streams through digital content, products and services. This role is perfect for someone who lives and breathes digital and knows how to effectively grow an organization’s online footprint through multiple platforms.
- Grow subscribers on our streaming service.
- Develop and implement a plan to drive the digital transformation of TLN Media Group, including content, social media, development, design strategy and benchmarks for measurement.
- Develop and execute strategies to monetize our media assets and content on multiple platforms.
- Effectively and efficiently leverage paid and free media and ads.
- Identify the most relevant KPIs to measure within the digital space that contributes to the brand vision and establish an ongoing process for measurement and improvement of the KPIs.
- Oversee and approve social media strategy, platforms, campaigns and channels (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, etc.).
- Optimize website and social media channels for SEO as well as usability.
- Develop new revenue streams (business cases) with digital platforms.
- Lead and coach the digital media team towards the achievement of objectives.
- Manage timelines, budgets and quality of defined projects together with a cross-functional team.
- Define interfaces with other TLN departments: Marketing and communication, Operations, Production, Partners with Content, Social Media, Design and Development leaders to develop the required digital platforms.
Skills & Qualifications
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in digital media space, e-commerce, digital marketing, and/or technology with demonstrated abilities of executing plans from concept to completion.
- Deep practical knowledge of all aspects of the business of growing free and paid customers of streaming and other paid and free digital content distribution.
- Digital-savvy and informed on innovations, trends and technologies in the digital space; expert understanding of the best approach to implement new strategies that impact outcomes and drive digital transformations.
- Experience in Youtube and Facebook Creator Studio, Google Analytics and managing programmatic revenues.
- Strong strategic thinker who is able to synthesize large amounts of data into digestible, practical strategies & tactics.
- Deep experience in digital content creation, execution of online and mobile strategies, and growing/operating online platforms and social media platforms.
- Data-driven decision-maker, with strong analytical skills and experience driving the creation of KPIs for the senior leadership team.
- Open-minded individuals with a flexible, open operating style, and a natural consultative approach that gains the trust and respect of individuals at all levels.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; detail orientation and excellent follow-through.
- Strong cross-functional team management skills; ability to manage multiple projects and priorities at once, from conception to implementation.
- You know how to visualize, plan and use effectively the resources to implement.
- You can take a project from beginning to end, getting involved as much as possible to make it happen.
- Ability to work well under pressure, adaptable and demonstrates excellent judgment.
- Ability to present to and influence the senior leadership team.
- Experience in broadcast media and multilingual abilities, specifically in Spanish and Italian would be a distinct advantage.
How to Apply for the Director of Digital Media Growth Position
TLN Media Group is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to promoting inclusivity within our workplace.
To submit your application, please email your resume and cover letter to [email protected] with the subject line Director of Digital Media Growth Job Application: (Your Name).
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, note that only selected candidates will be contacted.
About TLN Media Group
Nearing 40 years of service to Canadians, the TLN Media Group organization brands continue to inform and entertain millions. Whether in Italian, Spanish, English or other languages, TLN has played a key role in the development of the national multicultural media landscape. Since launching in 1984, the original ethnic TV channel “Telelatino” has grown to become TLN Media Group, Canada’s most influential multicultural media company. TLN Media Group is an independent, immigrant-owned organization dedicated to connecting communities through storytelling and shared experiences. As a multicultural advocacy leader, TLN Media Group selects, curates, produces, and commissions unique and culturally significant TV and digital content distributed in Canada and worldwide. TLN TV, the original flagship channel has evolved into a mainstream-friendly destination providing multiculturally rich content. TLN Media Group also operates Canada’s most widely available multilingual TV channels led by Spanish language leader Univision Canada and top Italian language services Mediaset Italia Canada and TGCOM24 news network. And TLN Media Group’s additional TV channels include Canada’s first and only Heritage language channels for kids, Telebimbi (Italian) and Teleniños (Spanish), bringing well-known Canadian-made kids shows to families nationwide; and EuroWorld Sport TV, a channel dedicated to sports fandom. TLN Media Group has produced and promoted many cultural events and festivals, the most widely recognized of which is the annual TD Salsa in Toronto/Salsa on St Clair summer festival and street party.