If you want to lead the growth of one of Toronto’s Big 4 Annual Festivals (with help from the team!) then read on…
We are looking for a highly motivated and creative self-starter with solid experience and a passion for managing and growing events. If you are excited by the prospect of leading a large-scale expansion of the Salsa brand and playing a key role in representing Canada’s most influential multicultural media organization, then this is the job for you!
About the Role
The Events Growth Manager is responsible for driving the expansion of the Salsa in Toronto Festival to a year-long brand—developing, project managing, and operationalizing multiple events and functions across Canada. Salsa in Toronto is one of Toronto’s Big 4 Annual Festivals, with an 18-year history and annual participation of over 300,000 people. The brand and the event aim to engage with the Hispanic community and introduce its culture to more people across Canada. In this role, and with the guidance of the VP of Operations and the rest of the team, you will lead the expansion and operation of the Salsa brand and Salsa events. You will provide strategic insights on how to best grow and then lead the implementation of approved strategies. We’re looking for someone who not only has great ideas but someone who also knows how to execute them flawlessly. Someone with strong leadership skills is seasoned at event operations, sponsorships, and event promotions. And, ideally, someone who is passionate about Hispanic Canadian culture.
- Develop and implement a plan to grow the Salsa brand with innovative but pragmatic strategies.
- Expand the Salsa in Toronto festival in terms of scope, participation numbers, sponsorship opportunities, and awareness.
- Grow the number of Salsa events across the GTA and across Canada, working with sponsors, strategic partners, BIAs, municipal, provincial, and federal government, etc.
- Project manage all event logistics, contingencies, and onsite operations, ensuring flawless event execution.
- Assist in event budgeting and ensure event expenses are in check and accounted for.
- Lead project management, onsite execution, partner relationships (sponsors, strategic partners, BIAs, government, vendors/suppliers), site research & contract negotiations.
- Ensure events are compliant with all company policies, contractual obligations, regulations, laws, and health and safety.
Skills & Qualifications
- At least 5 years of event management and/or project management experience, ideally with large-scale public events.
- Passion for doing great work.
- Strategic thinker able to synthesize data into digestible, practical strategies & tactics.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Superb detail orientation and follow-through.
- Strong cross-functional team management skills and ability to manage multiple projects and priorities at once, from conception to implementation.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends as events may require from time to time.
- Experience in broadcast media and multilingual abilities, specifically Spanish or Italian would be an advantage.
How to Apply for the Events Growth Manager Position
TLN Media Group is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to promoting inclusivity within our workplace.
To submit your application, please email your resume and cover letter to [email protected] with the subject line Events Growth Manager: (Your Name).
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, note that only selected candidates will be contacted.
About TLN Media Group
Nearing 40 years of service to Canadians, the TLN Media Group organization brands continue to inform and entertain millions. Whether in Italian, Spanish, English or other languages, TLN has played a key role in the development of the national multicultural media landscape. Since launching in 1984, the original ethnic TV channel “Telelatino” has grown to become TLN Media Group, Canada’s most influential multicultural media company. TLN Media Group is an independent, immigrant-owned organization dedicated to connecting communities through storytelling and shared experiences. As a multicultural advocacy leader, TLN Media Group selects, curates, produces, and commissions unique and culturally significant TV and digital content distributed in Canada and worldwide. TLN TV, the original flagship channel has evolved into a mainstream-friendly destination providing multiculturally rich content. TLN Media Group also operates Canada’s most widely available multilingual TV channels led by Spanish language leader Univision Canada and top Italian language services Mediaset Italia Canada and TGCOM24 news network. And TLN Media Group’s additional TV channels include Canada’s first and only Heritage language channels for kids, Telebimbi (Italian) and Teleniños (Spanish), bringing well-known Canadian-made kids shows to families nationwide; and EuroWorld Sport TV, a channel dedicated to sports fandom. TLN Media Group has produced and promoted many cultural events and festivals, the most widely recognized of which is the annual TD Salsa in Toronto/Salsa on St Clair summer festival and street party.