About the Role
We are looking for a highly motivated and creative self-starter with solid experience and a passion for graphic design. The successful candidate will be a self-starter, working independently to assist in the creation and design of on-air, print and online digital material.
- Create design elements for use on digital, print, corporate presentation and on-air.
- Design creative materials and deliver quality graphic and web elements for websites, ad campaigns, merchandise products, and other materials.
- Ensures the consistency and quality of all uses of design elements.
- Work with web-related materials to support the design and functionality of website.
- Ensure the technical quality of the finished product.
- Perform other duties as required upon request.
Skills & Qualifications
- Post-secondary diploma or degree in a graphic design application.
- 1-3 years experience in design/marketing and brand development in both external digital and print.
- Excellent skills in Adobe After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, HTML or Quark Express.
- Strong understanding of PC computers, including MAC, Unix and NT including advanced knowledge and competency with Microsoft Office 365 Suite.
- Self-motivated to learn, work under pressure, manage priorities and meet deadlines.
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to find and implement unique and creative solutions.
- Creative, energetic, self-motivated team player with the ability to work both independently and on a team.
- Exceptional organizational skills, detail-oriented, and focused individual.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
- A high degree of accuracy, and attention to detail.
- Ability to work under the pressures of tight deadlines and multitask.
- Experience in broadcast media and multilingual abilities would be a distinct advantage.
How to Apply for the Graphic Designer Position
TLN Media Group is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to promoting inclusivity within our workplace.
To submit your application, please email your resume and cover letter to [email protected] with the subject line Graphic Designer Job Application: (Your Name).
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, note that only selected candidates will be contacted.
About TLN Media Group
Nearing 40 years of service to Canadians, the TLN Media Group organization brands continue to inform and entertain millions. Whether in Italian, Spanish, English or other languages, TLN has played a key role in the development of the national multicultural media landscape. Since launching in 1984, the original ethnic TV channel “Telelatino” has grown to become TLN Media Group, Canada’s most influential multicultural media company. TLN Media Group is an independent, immigrant-owned organization dedicated to connecting communities through storytelling and shared experiences. As a multicultural advocacy leader, TLN Media Group selects, curates, produces, and commissions unique and culturally significant TV and digital content distributed in Canada and worldwide. TLN TV, the original flagship channel has evolved into a mainstream-friendly destination providing multiculturally rich content. TLN Media Group also operates Canada’s most widely available multilingual TV channels led by Spanish language leader Univision Canada and top Italian language services Mediaset Italia Canada and TGCOM24 news network. And TLN Media Group’s additional TV channels include Canada’s first and only Heritage language channels for kids, Telebimbi (Italian) and Teleniños (Spanish), bringing well-known Canadian-made kids shows to families nationwide; and EuroWorld Sport TV, a channel dedicated to sports fandom. TLN Media Group has produced and promoted many cultural events and festivals, the most widely recognized of which is the annual TD Salsa in Toronto/Salsa on St Clair summer festival and street party.