We are seeking a confident, dedicated, resourceful, and driven individual to join our team. If you are excited by the prospect of supporting a dynamic team in television media and playing a key role in representing Canada’s most influential multicultural media organization then this is the job for you!
About the Role
Oversee the content acquisition and exploitation strategy of the assigned channel and platform portfolio. The role will work closely with the marketing, research, creative and operations teams to run and develop the channel and content portfolio while meeting business objectives. The qualified candidate will have strong business skills in analytical, financial, negotiation, strategy development organizational, relationship, creative, and presentation.
- Develops programming strategies and creates content rollouts across both linear and non-linear platforms to meet budgets and business objectives.
- Oversees programming grid implementation for assigned networks.
- Responsible for guiding/ managing the on-air promotions and marketing to ensure maximization of audiences and positive viewer-experiences.
- Manage content inventories and identify potential themes and editorial moments for sponsorship opportunities.
- Work/seek acquisitions opportunities to find new content.
- Creates and shares timely materials about acquired shows with teams.
- Ensures the implementation of best practices and processes across departments.
- Tracks ratings and other quantitative and qualitative performance results.
- Ensures new content deals are timely completed and ready to air as planned.
- Work with the Marketing team and Operational teams to ensure programming strategy is executed as planned while considering internal deadlines and processes.
- Ensures that legally all regulatory programming requirements are met and works with schedulers accordingly.
- Work with the finance department to establish budgets.
- Manages and develops relationships with a global network of suppliers/ counterparts to facilitate and align on acquisition deals and programming strategies.
- Coordinate and implement ad-hoc projects as assigned.
Skills & Qualifications
- 10 minimum years of experience working in content strategy and scheduling at a TV network or major streaming service.
- Excellent organization, prioritization, and multitasking skills.
- Relevant experience in a senior management role, specifically in television/media.
- Deep product knowledge and an understanding of the industry landscape.
- Languages: Full proficiency in English plus Spanish, Italian and additional languages preferred.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office programs. Experience creating and implementing processes for programming.
- Strong leadership skills, such as being able to motivate and lead a team of employees, local and remote.
- Maintains strong negotiation and presentation skills.
- An influential team player able to work through multiple priorities and create support across a diverse team.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and have excellent project management skills.
- Must be willing to work in Toronto, Ontario and relocate as necessary.
- Availability for business travel.
- Must be willing to submit a background check.
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in Canada.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
How to Apply for the Head of Content & Programming Position
TLN Media Group is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to promoting inclusivity within our workplace.
To submit your application, please email your resume and cover letter to [email protected] with the subject line Head of Content & Programming Job Application: (Your Name).
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, note that only selected candidates will be contacted.
About TLN Media Group
Nearing 40 years of service to Canadians, the TLN Media Group organization brands continue to inform and entertain millions. Whether in Italian, Spanish, English and other languages, TLN has played a key role in the development of the national multicultural media landscape. Since launching in 1984, the original ethnic TV channel “Telelatino” has grown to become TLN Media Group, Canada’s most influential multicultural media company. TLN Media Group is an independent, immigrant-owned organization dedicated to connecting communities through storytelling and shared experiences. As a multicultural advocacy leader, TLN Media Group selects, curates, produces, and commissions unique and culturally significant TV and digital content distributed in Canada and worldwide. TLN TV, the original flagship channel has evolved into a mainstream-friendly destination providing multiculturally rich content. TLN Media Group also operates Canada’s most widely available multilingual TV channels led by Spanish language leader Univision Canada and top Italian language services Mediaset Italia Canada and TGCOM24 news network. And TLN Media Group’s additional TV channels include Canada’s first and only Heritage language channels for kids, Telebimbi (Italian) and Teleniños (Spanish), bringing well-known Canadian-made kids shows to families nationwide; and EuroWorld Sport TV, a channel dedicated to sports fandom. TLN Media Group has produced and promoted many cultural events and festivals, the most widely recognized of which is the annual TD Salsa in Toronto/Salsa on St Clair summer festival and street party.