We are seeking a confident, dedicated, resourceful, and driven individual to join our Sales team and successfully service ad sales clients for TLN Media Group channels, including TLN TV, Mediaset Italia, and Univision Canada, as well as sponsorship clients for the TD Salsa in Toronto Festival. We are looking for both experience and passion!
About the Role
The successful candidate will play a key role in developing and maintaining relationships with a diverse client base and creating strategic campaigns involving both TV broadcast, digital products, and festival sponsorships. We are looking for a sales professional with experience in a business-to-business environment and a passion for helping clients achieve their goals through consultation and strategy development.
- Conduct inside sales by establishing daily communication and calls with prospects.
- Meet and exceed sales objectives by promoting and selling TV advertising to qualified clients.
- Generate new prospect lists for advertising opportunities.
- Work closely with Media Sales Account Executives to set up prospective client appointments and work on proposals and presentations for clients.
- Data collection and research duties.
- Coordinate information flow and activity for sales between departments (including but not limited to Traffic, Production, Finance, and Marketing).
Skills & Qualifications
- 1-3 years of experience in broadcast ad sales and/or agency role.
- Graduate of a Sales and Marketing program.
- Ability to work in a highly motivated team environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills with a proven ability to build and maintain client relationships.
- Exceptional communication skills both verbal and written.
- A high degree of accuracy, attention to detail, and organization.
- Ability to work under the pressures of tight deadlines and multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to take initiative and be self-motivated, with the ability to work both independently and on a team.
- Multilingual (French, Italian, and/or Spanish) abilities would be a distinct advantage.
- Willingness to learn new things, embrace new ideas and grow.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and CRM tools.
How to Apply for the Inside Sales Representative Position
TLN Media Group is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to promoting inclusivity within our workplace.
To submit your application, please email your resume and cover letter to [email protected] with the subject line Inside Sales Representative Job Application: (Your Name).
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, note that only selected candidates will be contacted.
About TLN Media Group
Nearing 40 years of service to Canadians, the TLN Media Group organization brands continue to inform and entertain millions. Whether in Italian, Spanish, English or other languages, TLN has played a key role in the development of the national multicultural media landscape. Since launching in 1984, the original ethnic TV channel “Telelatino” has grown to become TLN Media Group, Canada’s most influential multicultural media company. TLN Media Group is an independent, immigrant-owned organization dedicated to connecting communities through storytelling and shared experiences. As a multicultural advocacy leader, TLN Media Group selects, curates, produces, and commissions unique and culturally significant TV and digital content distributed in Canada and worldwide. TLN TV, the original flagship channel has evolved into a mainstream-friendly destination providing multiculturally rich content. TLN Media Group also operates Canada’s most widely available multilingual TV channels led by Spanish language leader Univision Canada and top Italian language services Mediaset Italia Canada and TGCOM24 news network. And TLN Media Group’s additional TV channels include Canada’s first and only Heritage language channels for kids, Telebimbi (Italian) and Teleniños (Spanish), bringing well-known Canadian-made kids shows to families nationwide; and EuroWorld Sport TV, a channel dedicated to sports fandom. TLN Media Group has produced and promoted many cultural events and festivals, the most widely recognized of which is the annual TD Salsa in Toronto/Salsa on St Clair summer festival and street party.