If you are excited by the prospect of supporting a dynamic team in television media, in addition to playing a pivotal role in representing Canada’s most influential multicultural media organization, then this is the job for you!
About the Role
The Marketing Specialist will be responsible for implementing and coordinating all marketing and advertising campaigns, including digital platforms, with a focus on priority projects and broadcast programming.
- Oversee the day-to-day advertising, promotions and public relations activities
- Responsible for managing multiple ongoing projects/tasks and ensure regular communication between project stakeholders.
- Create marketing plans for various projects and follow through with implementation
- Responsible for creating, writing, and posting/scheduling content for internal and external communications such as social media, newsletters and press releases
- Support growth with digital-first efforts and social strategy for all TLN platforms
- Maintain internal and external marketing assets
- Support various funding applications and reports
- Responsible for marketing and public relations on special events such as Salsa on St. Clair
- Maintain databases, prepare reports and assist with special projects as required
Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, or similar area of focus.
- Minimum 5+ years experience as a Marketing Coordinator/Specialist or similar role.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Detail orientation with exceptional organizational skills.
- Self-motivated to learn, work under pressure, manage priorities and meet deadlines.
- Experience planning and implementing an all-around marketing plan; including social media, email, and print marketing vehicles for large events/festivals.
- Experience creating and posting content, while driving engagement on social media platforms (Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn) including contest management. Experience with Facebook Creator Studio an asset.
- Experience creating and deploying email marketing campaigns, experience with iContact an asset.
- Ability to change and adapt to various branding voices across various marketing print vehicles (PRs, web, email, social media).
- Experience with federal, provincial, and municipal online grant application portals an asset.
- Proficiency in full Microsoft Office suite Knowledge and expertise with social media platforms.
- Experience in broadcast media and multilingual abilities, specifically Spanish and Italian would be a distinct advantage.
How to Apply for Marketing Specialist Position
TLN Media Group is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to promoting inclusivity within our workplace.
To submit your application, please email your resume and cover letter to [email protected] with the subject line Marketing Specialist Job Application: (Your Name).
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, note that only selected candidates will be contacted.