If you are excited by the prospect of supporting a dynamic team in television media, in addition to playing a pivotal role in representing Canada’s most influential multicultural media organization, then this is the job for you!
About the Role
The Marketing Specialist will be responsible for implementing and coordinating all marketing and advertising campaigns, including digital platforms, with a focus on priority projects and broadcast programming.
- Oversee the day-to-day advertising, promotions and public relations activities
- Responsible for managing multiple ongoing projects/tasks and ensure regular communication between project stakeholders.
- Create marketing plans for various projects and follow through with implementation
- Responsible for creating, writing, and posting/scheduling content for internal and external communications such as social media, newsletters and press releases
- Support growth with digital-first efforts and social strategy for all TLN platforms
- Maintain internal and external marketing assets
- Support various funding applications and reports
- Responsible for marketing and public relations on special events such as Salsa on St. Clair
- Maintain databases, prepare reports and assist with special projects as required
Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, or similar area of focus.
- Minimum 5+ years experience as a Marketing Coordinator/Specialist or similar role.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Detail orientation with exceptional organizational skills.
- Self-motivated to learn, work under pressure, manage priorities and meet deadlines.
- Experience planning and implementing an all-around marketing plan; including social media, email, and print marketing vehicles for large events/festivals.
- Experience creating and posting content, while driving engagement on social media platforms (Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn) including contest management. Experience with Facebook Creator Studio an asset.
- Experience creating and deploying email marketing campaigns, experience with iContact an asset.
- Ability to change and adapt to various branding voices across various marketing print vehicles (PRs, web, email, social media).
- Experience with federal, provincial, and municipal online grant application portals an asset.
- Proficiency in full Microsoft Office suite Knowledge and expertise with social media platforms.
- Experience in broadcast media and multilingual abilities, specifically Spanish and Italian would be a distinct advantage.
How to Apply for Marketing Specialist Position
TLN Media Group is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to promoting inclusivity within our workplace.
To submit your application, please email your resume and cover letter to [email protected] with the subject line Marketing Specialist Job Application: (Your Name).
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, note that only selected candidates will be contacted.
About TLN Media Group
Nearing 40 years of service to Canadians, the TLN Media Group organization brands continue to inform and entertain millions. Whether in Italian, Spanish, English or other languages, TLN has played a key role in the development of the national multicultural media landscape. Since launching in 1984, the original ethnic TV channel “Telelatino” has grown to become TLN Media Group, Canada’s most influential multicultural media company. TLN Media Group is an independent, immigrant-owned organization dedicated to connecting communities through storytelling and shared experiences. As a multicultural advocacy leader, TLN Media Group selects, curates, produces, and commissions unique and culturally significant TV and digital content distributed in Canada and worldwide. TLN TV, the original flagship channel has evolved into a mainstream-friendly destination providing multiculturally rich content. TLN Media Group also operates Canada’s most widely available multilingual TV channels led by Spanish language leader Univision Canada and top Italian language services Mediaset Italia Canada and TGCOM24 news network. And TLN Media Group’s additional TV channels include Canada’s first and only Heritage language channels for kids, Telebimbi (Italian) and Teleniños (Spanish), bringing well-known Canadian-made kids shows to families nationwide; and EuroWorld Sport TV, a channel dedicated to sports fandom. TLN Media Group has produced and promoted many cultural events and festivals, the most widely recognized of which is the annual TD Salsa in Toronto/Salsa on St Clair summer festival and street party.