We are seeking a confident, dedicated, resourceful, and driven individual to join our Sales team and successfully service agencies, media buyers, and national brand clients for TLN Media Group channels, including TLN TV, Mediaset Italia, and Univision Canada. We are looking for both experience and passion!
About the Role
The successful candidate will play a key role in developing and maintaining relationships with a diverse client base and generating TV ad sales. We are looking for a sales professional with experience in a business-to-business environment, ideally with an agency or media buyer, and a passion for helping clients achieve their goals through consultation and strategy development.
- Meet and exceed sales objectives by promoting and selling TV advertising to qualified clients.
- Use professional sales techniques to build relationships and develop long term advertising relationships that grow TLN Media Group advertising sales.
- Follow-up on leads, prepare proposals, and leverage industry research to close.
- Prepare and deliver professional, customized presentations that speak directly to client needs.
- Be a resource and idea-generator for clients, either in-person, on the phone, or via video call.
- Use our CRM system as a tool to ensure that client records and sales activities are accurate and pipeline is strong and active.
- Keep up-to-date and well-informed of community activities and be an active well-networked member.
- Provide ongoing information and support to ensure optimal customer service.
Skills & Qualifications
- Minimum 5 years of business-to-business sales, ideally with an agency or media buyer.
- Successful track-record of exceeding sales targets and client expectations.
- Knowledge of agency currency a must, including proposal systems, GRP, CPM, AMA, Reach, etc.
- University degree in a relevant field.
- Excellent network of national brand agency and media buyer contacts.
- Honesty and professional integrity.
- Ability to speak with persons of various social, cultural, economic, and educational backgrounds.
- Excellent communication skills and a proven ability to establish credibility with clients and maintain strong positive client relationships.
- Willingness to learn new things, embrace new ideas and grow.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and CRM tools.
- Experience in broadcast media would be a distinct advantage.
How to Apply for the National Sales Account Executive Position
TLN Media Group is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to promoting inclusivity within our workplace.
To submit your application, please email your resume and cover letter to [email protected] with the subject line National Sales Account Executive Job Application: (Your Name).
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, note that only selected candidates will be contacted.
About TLN Media Group
Nearing 40 years of service to Canadians, the TLN Media Group organization brands continue to inform and entertain millions. Whether in Italian, Spanish, English and other languages, TLN has played a key role in the development of the national multicultural media landscape. Since launching in 1984, the original ethnic TV channel “Telelatino” has grown to become TLN Media Group, Canada’s most influential multicultural media company. TLN Media Group is an independent, immigrant-owned organization dedicated to connecting communities through storytelling and shared experiences. As a multicultural advocacy leader, TLN Media Group selects, curates, produces, and commissions unique and culturally significant TV and digital content distributed in Canada and worldwide. TLN TV, the original flagship channel has evolved into a mainstream-friendly destination providing multiculturally rich content. TLN Media Group also operates Canada’s most widely available multilingual TV channels led by Spanish language leader Univision Canada and top Italian language services Mediaset Italia Canada and TGCOM24 news network. And TLN Media Group’s additional TV channels include Canada’s first and only Heritage language channels for kids, Telebimbi (Italian) and Teleniños (Spanish), bringing well-known Canadian-made kids shows to families nationwide; and EuroWorld Sport TV, a channel dedicated to sports fandom. TLN Media Group has produced and promoted many cultural events and festivals, the most widely recognized of which is the annual TD Salsa in Toronto/Salsa on St Clair summer festival and street party.