Catherine Fulvio’s Grilled Prawns with Mango and Papaya
INGREDIENTS | SERVES Serves 4
For the dressing
- 1 orange, juice only
- 1 lime, juice only
- ½ tsp. sesame oil
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- ½ red chili, finely chopped
- 1cm fresh ginger, grated
For the salad
- 2 mangoes, peeled and roughly diced
- 1 papaya, peeled and slices into strips
- 1 cucumber, sliced lengthways into ribbons
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- A handful of coriander leaves
For the prawns
- A handful of coriander leaves, roughly chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 lemon, juice only
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. sesame oil
- 12 large prawns, head and shells removed, deveined
- Lemon wedges, to serve
- To make the dressing, combine all the ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
- For the salad, arrange the diced mango, papaya slices, cherry tomatoes and cucumber ribbons on a large serving platter. Sprinkle the coriander leaves on top and spoon over some of the dressing.
- To prepare the prawns, place the coriander leaves, garlic, lemon, sesame oil and olive oil into a bowl.
- Add the prawns and leave for about 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Preheat a pan or chargrill pan on a medium to high heat. Using tongs transfer the prawns onto the chargrill pan and grill for about 1 to 2 minutes on each side. Add the marinade to the pan and arrange the prawns on the salad and spoon over a little more salad dressing.
- Serve immediately with lemon wedges.