– ¼ cup Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
– 6 Garlic Cloves, peeled and sliced
– 8 cups sliced Mixed Mushrooms (Button, Shiitake, Cremini, and Chantrelles)
– 1 teaspoon Kosher Salt
– 2 bunches of Scallions, trimmed and roughly chopped (about 2 cups)
– 6 fresh Thyme Sprigs
– 2 tablespoons Unsalted Butter
– 1¼ pounds Sea Scallops, foot or side muscle removed
– Good-quality Balsamic Vinegar; Tradizionale Balsamic Vinegar is best for drizzling
In a large nonstick skillet, over medium-high heat, heat 3 tablespoons of olive oil. Add the garlic, and once the garlic begins to sizzle, add the mushrooms and season with ½ teaspoon salt. Cook until the mushrooms wilt, about 6 to 7 minutes.
Add the scallions, thyme, and butter, and cook until the mushrooms are tender, another 3 or 4 minutes. Transfer to a serving platter, and keep warm.
Wipe out the skillet, return it to medium-high heat, and add the remaining tablespoon of olive oil. Season the scallops with remaining ½ teaspoon of salt, and cook, turning once, until just cooked through, about 1 to 2 minutes per side. Serve on mushrooms, drizzled with balsamic vinegar if desired.
Still hungry?… See more recipe’s from Lidia’s Kitchen