Are you passionate about Canadian multiculturalism? Does working in a fast-paced, dynamic team environment make you want to come to work everyday? Do you believe in the power of connecting cultures and engaging communities? If this sounds like you then we want to hear from you!
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Write, maintain and update content on internal and external platforms with relevant and timely materials, including media lists, newsletters, press releases, social media, and digital advertising
- Develop, research, manage and design layouts of communications such as newsletters, event support materials, advertisements
- Research and write content for company’s social and digital media platforms
- Work with team to plan and execute cross-promotions both internally and across multimedia platforms: Radio, Print, TV and online
- Track and monitor media and industry activity; prepare campaign measurement and coverage reports
- Update and maintain national and international media list
- Maintain and archive event related clippings and post event coverage
- Provide admin support in the development, organization, tracking and execution of local marketing initiatives, campaigns, and or events.
- A Communications, Journalism, or Marketing Degree (or in progress) and minimum 1 year experience in related field
- Experience with online content, social media and promotion
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Fluent in the Spanish and or French language is an asset
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Strong computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft office programs
- Knowledge of local cultural communities is desired
- Exceptional time management skills – ability to multi-task and work well under deadlines
- Accuracy, attention to detail, strong organizational skills are critical
- Results and performance-driven attitude, an enthusiastic self-starter
- Excellent team player with initiative to complete individual duties and assist in other areas where required
- Flexible work schedule
Please email your resume and cover letter to [email protected]
*No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
About TLN Media Group
Canada’s most influential multicultural media company www.tln.ca
Originally established over 35 years ago as a single ethnic TV channel, TLN Media Group (TMG) has grown into Canada’s most influential multicultural media company, connecting cultures on television, online and in communities through storytelling and shared experiences. Reaching millions of Canadians across the country, TMG is a leader in expressing advocating Canadian multiculturalism. As a content creator, TMG produces and commissions unique and culturally significant TV and digital programs distributed both in Canada and worldwide through its TMG Worldwide Media Distribution business unit. As a broadcaster since 1984, TMG’s flagship channel TLN TV has evolved into an English language multiculturally rich TV channel. TMG operates Canada’s most widely distributed foreign language TV channels led by Spanish language leader Univision Canada and top Italian language services Mediaset Italia Canada and TGCOM24 news network. TMG also launched and runs Canada’s first and only Heritage language channels for kids, Telebimbi and Teleniños. The family of Spanish language channels distributed by TMG also includes a group of four specialized foreign services, Cinelatino, Wapa TV, Television Dominicana and CentroAmerica TV. In addition, TMG operates EuroWorld Sport TV, a channel dedicated to sports fandom. TMG is also active in producing and promoting many experiential cultural events and festivals.