About the Role
The successful candidate will be a self-starter, working independently to assist in the creation and design of on-air, print and online digital material. Primary responsibilities will be in all aspects of graphic design including newspaper and magazine advertisements, outdoor media, direct mailers, press kits, on air elements, and online digital material.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Create and design (linear and non-linear) on-air, print and web materials
- Provide creative and technical advice to aid in the successful completion of a project
- Work with editors to create high-quality graphics, animation elements and other video elements for online or digital.
- Work with web related materials to support design and functionality of website
- Ensure technical quality of finished product
- Cut promotional materials giving them a variety of looks and styles
- Attend pre and post meetings as required
- Perform other duties as required upon request
- Working toward a diploma or degree from at a recognized post-secondary institution; or 2 years’ experience in graphic design application
- Excellent skills on Adobe After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, HTML or Quark Express
- Strong understanding of PC computers, including MAC, Unix and NT
- Interested in all aspects of design and a desire to learn is a must
- Strong communication skills with an understanding of the Spanish/Italian language is an asset
- A high degree of accuracy, attention to detail
- Ability to work under the pressures of tight deadlines and multitask
- Creative, energetic, self-motivated team player with ability to work both independently and on a team
- An enthusiastic, friendly attitude contributing to a friendly respectful workplace
Please email your resume and cover letter to [email protected]
*No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
About TLN Media Group
Canada’s most influential multicultural media company www.tln.ca
Originally established over 35 years ago as a single ethnic TV channel, TLN Media Group (TMG) has grown into Canada’s most influential multicultural media company, connecting cultures on television, online and in communities through storytelling and shared experiences. Reaching millions of Canadians across the country, TMG is a leader in expressing advocating Canadian multiculturalism. As a content creator, TMG produces and commissions unique and culturally significant TV and digital programs distributed both in Canada and worldwide through its TMG Worldwide Media Distribution business unit. As a broadcaster since 1984, TMG’s flagship channel TLN TV has evolved into an English language multiculturally rich TV channel. TMG operates Canada’s most widely distributed foreign language TV channels led by Spanish language leader Univision Canada and top Italian language services Mediaset Italia Canada and TGCOM24 news network. TMG also launched and runs Canada’s first and only Heritage language channels for kids, Telebimbi and Teleniños. The family of Spanish language channels distributed by TMG also includes a group of four specialized foreign services, Cinelatino, Wapa TV, Television Dominicana and CentroAmerica TV. In addition, TMG operates EuroWorld Sport TV, a channel dedicated to sports fandom. TMG is also active in producing and promoting many experiential cultural events and festivals.