By David Rocco’s Dolce India
Recipe courtesy of Chef Rajdeep Kapoor
– 20 morel mushrooms
– 3 cups basmati rice
– Salt, QB
– 2 tbsp. lemon juice
– ½ cup heavy cream
– ½ cup butter
– 3 sprigs mint leaves
– 2 tbsp. ginger, julienned
– 2-3 bay leaves
– 3-4 green cardamom pods
– 2-3 cinnamon sticks, 1 inch
– 3-4 cloves
– 2-3 strands saffron, dissolved in water
– 1 tbsp. rose water
– 1 tbsp. screw pine water
½ cup grated cheese
Seeds of 1 pomegranate
1 tsp. yellow chili powder
1/2 tsp. royal cumin seeds
½ tsp. mace-cardamom powder
Dough, for sealing
Step 1: Stuffing of Gucchi/Morels
1. Make a stuffing with grated processed cheese, some royal cumin seeds, mace, cardamom powder, pomegranate seeds and yellow chili powder.
2. Blanch and wash morels.
3. Stuff the morels with this stuffing, keep aside.
Step 2: Cooking of Gucchi/Morels
1. Blanch the Gucchi in boiling water, stuff with processed cheese, green cardamom powder, yellow chili powder, chopped green chilies
2. Lap it with saffron water and single cream
Step 3: Boiling rice
1. Wash, soak rice for 10 minutes. Boil water in a pan and add the whole spices, salt and lemon juice.
2. Add the rice and cook till 2/3rd done.
Step 4: Cooking on Dum
1. Layer the Gucchi, Add a mixture of ghee and cream.
2. Garnish with mint leaves, ginger juliennes, and saffron dissolved in water.
3. Line the lid with dough and seal the vessel. Put the vessel on an iron griddle and cook for 15 minutes. Serves 4-6.
Still hungry?… See more recipe’s from David Rocco’s Dolce India