It’s Pot Luck Party day at Pati’s house! Today, she’s having some friends over and this time everyone’s contributing to the meal — no one shows up empty-handed. Pati also welcomes home design expert Sabrina Soto, who is bringing along one of her favorite Cuban recipes.
Ensalada de Cangrejo, Pepino y Jícama
Yield: 4 servings
– 6 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime
– Zest of 2 limes
– ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper, or to taste
– 3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
– 1 tablespoon honey
– 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
– Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
– 1 small jicama, peeled and julienned
– 1 large English cucumber, peeled, seeded and julienned
– 3 scallions, thinly sliced
– ¼ cup crushed roasted peanuts, or more to taste
– 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
– 1 pint jumbo lump crab meat, picked through thoroughly for cartilage
In a large bowl, combine the lime juice and zest, cayenne pepper, rice wine, vinegar and honey. Season with salt and pepper and whisk in the olive oil. Taste for seasoning.
Add the jicama, cucumber, scallions, peanuts and cilantro and toss well to combine. Then, add the crab and gently toss, taking care not to break up the crab meat. Serve over lettuce or in individual cups accompanied by tostadas or crackers.
Still hungry?… See more recipe’s from Pati’s Mexican Table