Cultural Events Coordinator
Reporting to the Executive Director, Salsa in Toronto Festival, and working alongside senior members of the Special Events Team and members of the Board of Directors, the successful candidate will join the Marketing/Digital Media team to help produce, manage, and professionally execute various cultural initiatives and logistics related to the Salsa in Toronto Festival. The individual will gain direct hands-on experience in a positive and encouraging workplace and will acquire valuable career-related work experience in Event Management. This is an 8 week term position ending no later than August 30th, 2024.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Provide administrative support in the development, tracking and execution of special and cultural event activities
- Follow up and confirm event details with guests, key event and media partners, and assist in the communication and distribution of promotional materials, ie. event tickets, flyers, posters, etc.
- Perform support activities as appropriate such as arranging signage, compiling mailing lists for invitations, coordinating event related communication materials, updating event details on social media platforms, as needed.
- Provide daily customer service to associated event partners/participants and respond to phone calls, inquiries, requests, etc. as needed
- Attend event planning meetings to ensure appropriate distribution of information across key cross-functional teams
- Assist in the preparation and execution of all event logistics
- Provide admin support in the development, organization, tracking and execution of local marketing initiatives
- Work within and maintain event budgets
- Assume other duties as required
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills in English and Spanish are required
- Ability to think, respond and act quickly, flexibility in work schedules
- Ability to multitask and prioritize tasks, work within multiple and tight deadlines
- Strong computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft office programs
- Excellent team player with initiative to complete individual duties and assist in other areas where required
- Knowledge of local Hispanic cultural communities
- Experience in events planning is an asset
- Event Management Degree (or in progress) and or a minimum 1-year related experience in actual medium to large scale public event planning
- Be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment
- Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act2. Please note: Student or work visa status do not qualify.
- Have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment. Be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations
Interested applicants are invited to send a cover letter and resume to:
Email: [email protected]
Canadian Salsa Festivals Project
901 Lawrence Ave W. Level 2
Toronto, ON M6A 1C3
*No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We are committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples, and persons with disabilities.