- 3 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsbp white wine vinegar
- 2 tsp rice flour
- 1 tbsp coconut oil + more for frying
- 6 fresh curry leaves, chopped
- 1 lb raw anchovies, cleaned and gutted
First, make a paste. In a small bowl, combine ginger garlic paste, chili powder, turmeric, pepper, salt, white wine vinegar, rice flour and a tbsp of coconut oil. Add in your curry leaves and then toss in the raw anchovies until completely coated in the paste.
In a pan, bring coconut oil to a boil. Once the oil is ready, drop in the marinated anchovies and cook until golden. Remove from oil with slotted spoon. Let them rest on newspaper or paper towel to help drain excess oil. Serve immediately.
Still hungry?… See more recipe’s from David Rocco’s Dolce India