Glazed with a sweet and tangy Chinese BBQ sauce, these finger-licking turkey drumsticks are roasted in the oven until golden brown.
– 4 turkey drumsticks (each about 10 to 12 ounces)
– Chopped green onions, sliced red finger chiles, cilantro leaves, for garnishing (optional)
Honey Spiced BBQ Sauce:
– 1 cup hoisin sauce
– Juice of 1 orange (about 1/4 cup)
– 1 tbsp. 5 spice powder
– 2 to 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
– 1 to 2 tbsp. finely chopped ginger
– 1/4 cup dry sherry
– 1/4 cup honey
– 1/4 cup soy sauce
– 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
– 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
– 1 tbsp. sesame oil
– Asian-style hot sauce, such as sriracha, saambal oeelek, chili garlic, to taste
Honey Spiced BBQ Sauce
Add hoisin, orange juice, 5-spice powder, garlic, ginger, dry sherry, honey, soy sauce, apple cider vinegar, vegetable oil, sesame oil and hot sauce to bowl. Stir to combine. Transfer 1/2 the sauce to another bowl and reserve for serving. Use remaining half for glazing the drumsticks.
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line baking sheet with foil.
Brush turkey legs lightly with BBQ sauce. Add to prepared baking sheet.
Bake drumsticks, brushing with BBQ sauce every 20 to 30 minutes, until juices run clear and cooked through, 1 hour 15 minutes to 1 hour 30 minutes. Garnish turkey legs with green onions, fresh chiles and cilantro leaves if desired. Serve with remaining sauce.
Yield: 4 servings.”
Still hungry?… See more recipe’s from In The Kitchen With Stefano Faita