Italians love a good steak and serve it in a number of ways. Topped with truffle butter made from black summer truffles, this steak by Gino D’Acampo is ideal for a special occasion. Remember to remove the meat from the fridge 20 minutes before cooking.
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 200g of good-quality salted butter (room temperature)
- 50g black summer truffles (25g finely grated, 25g very thinly sliced)
- 140g rocket leaves
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, plus extra for brushing
- 6 sirloin steaks, about 150g each
- Sea salt flakes
Instructions for Sliced Steak With Truffle Butter
- To make the truffle butter, put the butter in a small bowl with the grated truffles and beat together with a small wooden spoon. Transfer to a sheet of cling film and roll up to make a cylinder. Twist the ends to seal and chill until firm (at least 1 hour). Discard the cling film and slice the butter into 1cm-thick rounds. Return to the fridge.
- In a medium bowl toss the rocket with the oil and arrange a large flat serving platter. Preheat a ridged cast-iron chargrill pan over high heat for 5-10 minutes or until piping hot. Meanwhile, wipe the steaks dry with kitchen paper, brush both sides with a little oil and season with pepper.
- Place 2 steaks in the pan and grill for 2 minutes, pressing down with a fish slice but not moving them around. Turn over and place a slice of the truffle butter on top of each steak then sprinkle over a pinch of salt. Grill for a further 2 minutes for rare. Lift the steaks out of the pan and leave them to rest. Repeat for the remaining steaks, allowing the last batch to rest for 2 minutes.
- To serve, cut the steak diagonally into slices about 5mm thick and arrange it on the rocket. Scatter over the sliced truffles.
- Enjoy Gino D’Acampo’s Sliced Steak With Truffle Butter!
Hungry for more recipes? Check out Gino’s Italian Escape!