Flavor is obviously crucial in food, and certainly this salad has flavor, but tactile sensation is also a very important factor in our food perception and appreciation. We want pasta al dente, celery crunchy, bread grilled. This salad has a lot of texture to enjoy.
– 3 TABLESPOONS APPLE CIDER VINEGAR
– 1 TEASPOON DIJON MUSTARD
– 1 TEASPOON KOSHER SALT
– FRESHLY GROUND BLACK PEPPER
– 5 TABLESPOONS -EXTRA–VIRGIN OLIVE OIL
– 6 HEADS BELGIAN ENDIVE TRIMMED, CUT ON THE BIAS INTO -1–INCH–THICK SLICES
– 2 APPLES, SKIN ON, CORED, SLICED INTO THIN -HALF–MOONS
– ½ CUP WALNUT PIECES, TOASTED AND CHOPPED
In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar, mustard, and salt, and season with black pepper. Whisk in the olive oil in a steady stream to make a smooth, emulsified dressing.
Toss the endive, apples, and walnuts together in a large serving bowl. Drizzle with the dressing, toss well, and serve immediately.
Still hungry?… See more recipe’s from Lidia’s Kitchen