Adventurous Canadian celebrity chef and TV host with Italian roots David Rocco provides a recipe for Chocolate-Hazelnut Crepes, which features sliced bananas and an icing sugar topping!
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 1 cup/240 ml flour
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon/15 ml extra-virgin olive oil
- Pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 cups/353 ml milk
- Chocolate-hazelnut spread (recommended: Nutella), as much as you like
- Bananas, sliced, as much as you like
- Icing sugar (confectioners’ sugar), for sprinkling
Instructions for Chocolate-Hazelnut Crepes
- In a bowl, combine the flour, egg, olive oil, salt, and half the milk. Whisk the batter well, adding the remaining milk, a little at a time, until the batter is silky smooth in consistency.
- Heat a hot nonstick skillet. Add a ladle of batter to the hot skillet. Evenly smooth out the batter. Cook until the batter sets and the underside is lightly browned. Run a spatula underneath the crepe and flip over. Cook until the other side is lightly browned. Remove from heat.
- Smear the chocolate-hazelnut spread over the crepe and add the bananas to one side. Then fold over the crepe and sprinkle with icing sugar (confectioners’). Serve the crepes immediately.
- Repeat the above process with the remaining batter to make the additional servings.
- Enjoy David Rocco‘s Chocolate-Hazelnut Crepes!
Hungry for more recipes? Check out David Rocco’s Dolce Italia!