By David Rocco’s Dolce Vita
– 1 medium onion, finely chopped
– 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
– 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (60ml)
– 28oz canned peeled plum tomatoes, pureed (790g)
– Dried chili peppers, crushed
– 5 basil leaves, torn
– Salt to season
Heat olive oil in a saucepan and add onion, garlic, and chili peppers. Gently fry ingredients together.
Add pureed plum tomatoes to saucepan. Simmer on low to medium heat for 10 minutes.
Salt to season. Add basil leaves at the very end.
Yield: 4 servings
Still hungry?… See more recipe’s from David Rocco’s Dolce Vita