Irish chef, food writer and cookery teacher Catherine Fulvio provides the perfect recipe for a Valentine’s Day dinner – Grilled Dublin Bay Prawns with Roasted Asparagus!
Ingredients (Serves 2)
For the Asparagus…
• 6 asparagus spears,
• ½ red pepper, sliced
• 1 tbsp olive oil
• ½ tsp sesame oil
• ½ lime, zest only
For the Prawns…
• 1 garlic clove, peeled
• 1 small shallot
• ½ red pepper
• ½ red chilli, deseeded
• 4cm chopped lemongrass
• ½ medium lemon, zest only
• 1 tbsp lemon juice
• 40ml rapeseed oil
• A small bunch coriander leaves and the stalks,
• Small sprig of parsley
• 2 mint leaves
• Salt and pepper
• 300g shelled Dublin Bay Prawns
• Zest of lime, to serve
• Basmati & wild rice, to serve
• Fresh coriander, micro greens or baby watercress, to garnish
Instructions for Grilled Dublin Bay Prawns With Roasted Asparagus
• For the asparagus and red pepper, preheat the oven to 180°C/fan 160°C/gas 4. Place the oils, lime zest and seasoning in a bowl and add the asparagus and red pepper. Mix well and then tip out on to a baking tray. Roast for 12 to 15 minutes, turning the spears over from time to time.
• For the prawns, place the garlic, shallot, red pepper, chilli, lemongrass, lemon zest and juice, oil, coriander leaves and stalks, parsley and the mint leaves into a food processor and blend, keeping a little texture in the peppers. Season with salt. Pour this over the prawns and leave for 10 minutes.
• Preheat a chargrill pan, place the marinated prawns (leaving the marinade in the bowl) onto the grill pan at a high heat and cook for 1 minute depending on the size before turning over. The prawns will be pink when cooked. Set aside, then add the marinade to the pan, bring to the boil and cook for 2 minutes.
• Place the rice on serving plates, top with the roasted asparagus and red pepper, grate the zest of some lime over and then add the chargrilled prawns on top. Spoon over the cooked marinade. Garnish with fresh coriander or micro greens or baby watercress. Serve immediately.
• Enjoy Catherine Fulvio’s Grilled Dublin Bay Prawns With Roasted Asparagus!
Happy Valentine’s Day!