This frittata could be a great lunch, but the salty, savory anchovies make it a great appetizer, sliced or cubed. Served with some dressed arugula, it is delightful.
– 12 LARGE EGGS
– ½ CUP WHOLE MILK
– 1 TEASPOON KOSHER SALT
– ½ CUP GRATED GRANA PADANO OR -PARMIGIANO–REGGIANO
– 2 CUPS CRUSTLESS -DAY–OLD BREAD CUBES, FROM A LOAF OF COUNTRY BREAD
– ¼ CUP -EXTRA–VIRGIN OLIVE OIL
– 1 POUND MEDIUM ZUCCHINI, THINLY SLICED
– 1 SMALL ONION, THINLY SLICED
– 1 BUNCH SCALLIONS, TRIMMED AND CHOPPED
– 12 GOOD QUALITY ANCHOVY FILLETS
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. In a large bowl, beat the eggs with the milk, salt, and cheese. Stir in the bread cubes, and let the bread soak while you cook the zucchini.
In a 12–inch nonstick skillet, over medium heat, heat the olive oil. When it is hot, add the zucchini, onion, and scallions. Cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
Spread the vegetables out to cover the bottom of the skillet, and pour the eggs and bread over them. Arrange the anchovies on top like spokes in a wheel.
Set the skillet with the frittata in the oven, and bake until the top is golden and the eggs are set, about 20 to 25 minutes. Slide a paring knife around the edge of the skillet to help unmold if the frittata seems to be sticking. Slide onto a cutting board, cut into slices, and serve.
Still hungry?… See more recipe’s from Lidia’s Kitchen