This recipe is for cauliflower, but the dressing can be used with other boiled or steamed vegetables, such as potatoes, zucchini, and parsnips.
– 1 LARGE HEAD CAULIFLOWER (ABOUT 2 POUNDS), BROKEN INTO SMALL FLORETS
– 10 LARGE FRESH BASIL LEAVES
– 8 ANCHOVIES
– 8 CORNICHONS
– 2 TABLESPOONS DRAINED TINY CAPERS IN BRINE
– 2 TABLESPOONS CHOPPED FRESH PARSLEY LEAVES
– 2 TABLESPOONS -RED–WINE VINEGAR
– 1 TABLESPOON DIJON MUSTARD
– ¼ CUP EXTRA-VIRGIN OLIVE OIL
Bring a large pot of water to boil. Add the cauliflower, and cook until tender, about 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a mini–food processor, combine the basil, anchovies, cornichons, capers, parsley, vinegar, and mustard. Slowly drizzle in the olive oil, pulsing to make a chunky dressing. When cauliflower is tender, drain well and toss with the dressing. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Still hungry?… See more recipe’s from Lidia’s Kitchen