This recipe by Lidia Bastianich is for cauliflower, but the dressing can be used with other boiled or steamed vegetables, such as potatoes, zucchini, and parsnips.
- 1 large head of cauliflower (about 2 pounds), broken into small florets
- 10 large fresh basil leaves
- 8 anchovies
- 8 cornichons
- 2 tablespoons drained tiny capers in brine
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
Instructions for Tasty Cauliflower
- Bring a large pot of water to boil. Add the cauliflower, and cook until tender, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a mini–food processor, combine the basil, anchovies, cornichons, capers, parsley, vinegar, and mustard.
- Slowly drizzle in the olive oil, pulsing to make a chunky dressing.
- When cauliflower is tender, drain well and toss with the dressing.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Enjoy Lidia’s Tasty Cauliflower!
Hungry for more recipes? Check out Lidia’s Kitchen!