This inexpensive cut of steak, when marinated and grilled, becomes tender and flavorful. The marinade is complex and full of flavours and leaves the steak packed with flavour. If the whole family is coming over just double the recipe, marinate it overnight and a tasty and economical meal will be ready for all.
- 1 cup of red wine
- ½ cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, drained
- ¼ cup packed fresh basil leaves
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed and peeled
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- ½ cup plus 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 (1 ¾ pound) boneless beef shoulder London broil steak, about 1 to 1 ½-inches thick
Instructions for London Broil Steak With Sun-Dried Tomatoes Marinade
- In a food processor, combine the wine, sun-dried tomatoes, basil, garlic, salt, and red pepper flakes. Pulse to make a chunky paste. Scrape down the sides of the bowl, and then with the machine running, pour in ½ cup of the olive oil in a steady stream to make a smooth sauce.
- Put the steak in a resealable plastic bag and pour in the marinade. Marinate in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour or up to overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Remove the steak from the marinade (but don’t pat it dry, let the marinade coat it) and put it in a roasting pan. Drizzle with the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil, and roast until medium rare, about 20 minutes.
- Remove to a cutting board, let rest for 5 to 10 minutes, then thinly slice against the grain and serve.
- Enjoy Lidia Bastianich’s London Broil Steak With Sun-Dried Tomatoes Marinade!
Hungry for more recipes? Check out Lidia’s Kitchen!