- ¼ cup Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 6 Garlic Cloves, peeled and sliced
- 8 cups sliced Mixed Mushrooms (Button, Shiitake, Cremini, and Chantrelles)
- 1 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 2 bunches of scallions, trimmed and roughly chopped (about 2 cups)
- 6 fresh Thyme Sprigs
- 2 tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- 1¼ pounds Sea Scallops, foot or side muscle removed
- Good-quality Balsamic Vinegar; Tradizionale Balsamic Vinegar is best for drizzling
Instructions for Scallops, Mushrooms & Scallions
- In a large nonstick skillet, over medium-high heat, heat 3 tablespoons of olive oil. Add the garlic, and once the garlic begins to sizzle, add the mushrooms and season with ½ teaspoon salt. Cook until the mushrooms wilt, about 6 to 7 minutes.
- Add the scallions, thyme, and butter, and cook until the mushrooms are tender – another 3 or 4 minutes. Transfer to a serving platter, and keep warm.
- Wipe out the skillet, return it to medium-high heat, and add the remaining tablespoon of olive oil. Season the scallops with the remaining ½ teaspoon of salt, and cook, turning once until just cooked through, about 1 to 2 minutes per side.
- Serve on mushrooms, drizzled with balsamic vinegar if desired.
- Enjoy Lidia’s Scallops, Mushrooms & Scallions!
Hungry for more recipes? Check out Lidia’s Kitchen!