By Pati’s Mexican Table
This episode is all about Pati’s boys — it’s time for a little mother/son bonding time. First, Pati takes Alan, Sami, and Juju to their favorite place to have fun, and then for lunch, the boys will pick their absolute favorite dishes that their mom makes. The only hitch? They have to give mom a hand as she prepares each dish.
Pico de Gallo
Makes about 4 cups
– 1 pound ripe tomatoes, cored and chopped (about 3 cups)
– 1/2 cup finely chopped white onion
– 1 jalapeño or serrano chile, finely chopped, or to taste
– 1/2 cup coarsely chopped cilantro leaves and top part of stems, or to taste
– 2 to 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice, or to taste
– 2 tablespoons olive oil (optional)
– 1 teaspoon kosher or coarse sea salt, or to taste
Place the tomatoes, onion, chile, cilantro, lime juice, olive oil (if using) and salt in a bowl and toss well. Let it sit for at least 5 minutes before serving. Store any leftovers, covered, in the refrigerator.
Still hungry?… See more recipe’s from Pati’s Mexican Table