By Pati’s Mexican Table
Everyone knows that Mexican food is great for a party. In this episode, Pati invites some of her son’s friends (and their parents) over to her house and makes some of her popular fiesta dishes — perfect for any party! In Mexico, she travels to the town of Quiroga, known as the Carnitas Capital of the World, where she’ll show us one of her absolute favorite treats: The REAL Mexican Gazpacho!
Salsa Verde Cruda con Aguacate
Makes about 2 cups salsa
– 1 pound tomatillos, husks removed, rinsed and halved
– 1 ripe avocado, halved, pitted, meat scooped out
– 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped white onion
– 1/4 cup coarsely chopped cilantro leaves and top part of stems
– 1 jalapeño or serrano chile
– 3/4 teaspoon kosher or coarse sea salt, or to taste
Combine the tomatillos, avocado, onion, cilantro, chile (you can add half of the chile first and add more if you want more heat…) and salt in a blender or food processor. Puree until smooth.
Still hungry?… See more recipe’s from Pati’s Mexican Table