David Rocco provides a recipe for Tapori – a traditional and rustic Rajasthani dish.
Ingredients (Serves 4-6)
– 15 green chillies, roughly chopped
– ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
– 1 tbsp. cumin seeds
– 1 tbsp. fennel seeds
– ½ tbsp. turmeric powder
– Salt, QB
– 1 tbsp. gram flour or chickpea flour
– ½ tbsp. mango powder
Instructions for Tapori
- On high heat, flavour up your extra virgin olive oil with your cumin and fennel seeds.
- Add in your chillies and continue to cook over high heat, you want the chillies to blister and burn the skin a little.
- Season with salt and turmeric powder.
- Once the peppers have blistered add in your flour and let it thicken.
- The last thing is to add in some mango powder.
- Remove from heat and let it cool, the longer you let it cool the more the flavours will combine so be sure to make this dish well ahead of time.
- Enjoy David Rocco’s Tapori!
Hungry for more recipes? Check out David Rocco’s Dolce India!